Sunday, March 18, 2012

Totally Creeped Out

Once in a blue moon, I get some negative feedback here.  I like to leave comments open to everyone, because the only other option is to register.  But there is someone visiting my website obsessively, and when I say obsessively... I mean, I have no idea who has that kind of free time in their life to do that kind of shit and restraining order obsessive.  Like, who has the time and effort to install some kind of hidden IP program, go to a blog every few hours a day, then spend 20 minutes writing out an anonymous comment?  That's some true love right there!


With any Blogger, you automatically get stats, or a logger.  It's not installed or anything, it's just something that comes when you sign-up for the blog.  You don't get hourly views, or minute by minute views, of who is watching or reading.  I get an end-of-the-day report (24 hours) sent to my e-mail on who reads my site.  For example:


My #1 fan:  41 (41%) in the past 24 hours, 220 (28%) in the past week and 793 (14%) in the past month.  And for something really creepy, 1,743 (7%) in the past year (and we're only in March).


Wow.


So, anyway.  They anonymously hurled some insults, blah blah.  Insults usually, ya know, have more merit when they come from someone you know, or someone with a name, or a face.  I'm not exactly sure what their intention is, but as of right now, the more visits I get to my site, the more I get in advertising $$.  So, thank you for that.  You're helping me pay my bills.
In other words, if you’re looking for the ability to freely speak your mind without having to face the person, you’ve abused the good will extended to anonymous posting, or even hiding behind a hidden IP (that whole hidden IP is an act of insanity to me).  It’s never okay to say crappy things to someone or about someone on the Internet, but I can stomach it a lot more if the person has the balls to stand behind their words... someone who shouts their mouth out into comment box and scurries away to hide behind the word “anonymous.”

Now to the point of this post:

The thing that bothers me is the idea of attacking someone or their looks based on their illness, or making fun of someone because they have disease.  That's a truly evil thing to do.  Call me a bitch, call me stupid, I don't care -- just don't make fun of me for being disabled.

With a comment like, "what young person would want to be saddled down with a sick person?" not only insults me, but people who read my blog.  What you say otherwise doesn't matter to me, I mean... you're anonymous.  I have no idea who you are.  But when you go as far as to mock illness, you're not only mocking me, but you're mocking everyone else who suffers with it.  Some of the people who read my blog have been here for two years, some I've become close with on the outside, and others I'm in contact with very frequently.  I take it very personally, it's just going too far.