Monday, March 5, 2012

Walk Or Grow Wings

Sunny readers,

You all know I've been going through a tough time right now and I really, really appreciate all the support you've given me.  This weekend has been a very dark time, and I went to a place mentally that I haven't gone since the night I was first diagnosed with MS.  I started to question myself and lose faith in the hope I have to live an amazing life, even though I'm sick.  Then last night, I went to go check my PayPal.  Listen, I hate asking for money and I don't even like borrowing it.  I was terrified that donation button would be tacky and I didn't want any of my readers to think I was taking advantage of the support they've given me, even though the donations are extremely appreciated.  Times are tough -- I don't even know if I'll have money to buy groceries next week after paying off bills from my hospital stay.  It's like, pay my rent or buy my injections and fill my prescriptions

Anyway, I went to check PayPal and there were donations in there.  I literally broke down crying (and I still cry just talking about this).  Sometimes you forget there are really good people out there.   Very truly, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you so very much.

Readers -- you saved my life this weekend, in more ways than one.

March 2006. Paralyzed waist down from MS
This was the little blog that could.  Back in 2010, I started this as an outlet to talk about my experiences with disease.  Now in 2012, I get visitors to this blog every minute of the day and messages from all over the world thanking me for doing whatever I'm doing.  All of you give me life.  All of you.  You all give me a reason to wake up in the morning, you all give me a reason to keep fighting and all of you beautiful creatures give me hope. 

When I was diagnosed in 2006, I had died and was re-born after my diagnosis.  
My diagnosis has given me more life than I had ever lived before 2006.

And from the bottom of my heart -- thank you for saving my life.  Thank you for giving it meaning.


That said... Here is Sunny's first reader's submission.  This beautifully made tribute video is by Karen Keefe Krueger from Elk Grove, California.  Diagnosed at the age of 27, Karen is another face of Multiple Sclerosis.  With two children, she looks that diagnosis in the face and shows no fear.  She's an inspiration to all of us here.  Karen's been campaigning hard for her WalkMS team and I wish her the best of luck!