Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Really, Really, Really Hate My Immune System

Went to the doctor's this morning because I wasn't feeling so hot.  I knew something was pretty bad because the last time I felt like this, I was coding in a hospital due to pneumonia.

Doctor does some exams.  Have a 101.8 fever, can't breathe, feels like I'm suffocating, and I feel like death warmed over.  I feel like I am having side-effects from the injections we all take.

She then confirms that I have pneumonia.

If I'm not feeling better by Monday, I have to be hospitalized.  I have to check my vital stats every hour to make sure my heart isn't going to do something dumb, and I have to take my temperature every 6 hours.  I'm also on Prednisone to keep my MS from flaring up.

After Tylenol, my fever goes down to around 99 or 100, but spikes back up around 101.

So, until then, I'm being taken care of like a big, giant baby.