Monday, November 1, 2010

Winter's Love


Am I a better person?
An evening I won't give up
With us I'll never fail


I’ve been sick for about a week now. Runny nose, coughing, sneezing, fever; you name it. Despite feeling like death, I haven’t rested for one minute.

Last night, a new friend was discussing MS and my time in a wheelchair. He came to the conclusion that if it were to happen to him, feeling like he’s an expiration date, he would want to live every day to it’s fullest. He’s right. You take advantage of the smallest things when your world balances on the fact that your body may not be working in the morning. Though, I do take care of myself in some ways. I exercise; being lazy could actually trigger a flare up. Plus, I feel healthier when I’m in shape, and I don’t think I have ever been in the best of shape as I am now.

The move to Philly is something I’m happy about. South Philadelphia, East Passyunk Avenue to be exact, is an area I absolutely love. I’ve been all over the country, lived in many places, but Philadelphia is truly my home (not to mention I was born and raised there).

There are lots of new people coming into my life. For some time there, I was welcoming back the past with open arms and I can only imagine I did that for comfort, something familiar. Though, I’m glad I did because I was able to revisit past mistakes and learn how to prevent them from happening again. There is only one way to go and that is forward. As for the people in my life now, I couldn’t ask for better company.

As for dating – it’s something I’m finally confident about. I’ll leave it at that.