Wednesday, May 25, 2011

And I'm Feeling Good


Miranda (L), Me (R)


My friend Miranda and I participated in the MS Walk a few weeks ago. We walked a little over 8 miles and raised $715 combined. It was a wonderful day, and I knew I would be emotional. The theme of the walk was MS = ____. For example, one person said, “MS = not being able to hold my grandchildren.” Mine was “MS = losing everything, then starting over again.”

I’ve also been in the process of moving to Philadelphia in my own apartment, so that I can be closer to school. Living by myself is taking some getting used to, but I absolutely love my apartment, especially the neighborhood. The only downside is I live in a college neighborhood and the kids can get noisy on the weekends.

I’m lucky to be able to walk or ride my bike around town without any complications, and I treasure each day that I can.

p.s. My mom is very sick right now and in a lot of pain. Keep her in your thoughts!