Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Second Chance





For the first time in 28 years, I am alive. Every breath I take is a reminder of how appreciative I should be. I am in control of my life, for the first time in 28 years. Any destructive lifestyle I may have lived is in the past. I want to feel pain, happiness, loss, love, and faith. I want to kiss. I want to love. I want to be a friend. I want to be inspired. I don't ever want to hold myself back. I want to live life with a love I have never felt before.



Friendship is true blue. Every friend is a mirror of yourself, a look into what kind of person you are. Friends are a mirror of your character, of what kind of person you want to be. Take a good look at whom you claim your loyalty to. They should inspire you; they should make you want to be a better person. Friends should encourage you to lead an amazing life, give you faith and a newfound hope. They are your safety net – no matter how high you feel like you are about to fall. Do you want to be a good person? Surround yourself with good people.



Relationships are a partnership. When you're in a relationship, even if nothing else in your life is right, you should feel like your whole world is complete. I want to appreciate and I want to be appreciated. Life is fucking fantastic, but even more fantastic when you have someone to share it with. Relationships should not take hard work; this should come naturally. Enough of jealousy and realize trust is enough; trust is the foundation of any relationship. Trust, faith, compromise and love with every single muscle you have in your body. Love is unselfish. Love is the ultimate act of knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other. Love trusts someone enough to tell them everything about you, including the things you might be ashamed of or even scared to tell them. Love has no games, no rules, and no time – only a face, a face of someone worth every ounce of effort left in you.







Life, you are on my radar now. I am ready. I want to live you to your fullest. I want to experience all that I have taken granted for. I will never complain about you again. My breathing is a gift. My life is my canvas. And what I decide to do with it should be a masterpiece.