Saturday, March 31, 2012

Daddy


My dad, who I am extremely close with (total daddy's girl here), is in the hospital.  I'm completely beside myself -- I have no idea what I would do without my dad.  You never believe bad things will ever happen to your parents.  He hasn't been doing very well lately, and on Friday afternoon he was rushed to the emergency room unable to breathe, with chest pains.  Under observation in the progressive care unit, he will be undergoing cardiac catheterization.  He was also diagnosed with lung disease -- he's been a smoker most of his life, smoking three packs a day.  It's looking like my dad will need heart surgery.  On top of everything, two weeks ago my mom was also rushed to the hospital.  Luckily, it was just kidney stones and nothing worse.  She's doing much better.  The hospital is surely getting to know the Aliff family really well and I don't like it at all.  Good vibes, juju and prayers are much appreciated for my family right now.