Saturday, March 31, 2012

My dad, who I am extremely close with (total daddy's girl here), has been sick for a few weeks.  At first, we thought it was just a cold, but it became worse over time.  This past week, it's been very difficult for him to breathe and is suffering from extreme fatigue.  On Friday afternoon, my dad was rushed to the emergency room with chest pains and he was unable to breathe.

He will be undergoing cardiac catheterization, and was diagnosed with COPD (lung disease).  My dad has been a smoker for most of his life, smoking three packs a day.  It finally caught up with him.  Right now, he's under observation and on oxygen.  It's looking like he'll need heart surgery.

I am completely beside myself.  You never really think anything awful will happen to your parents, but when it does happen, your world just instantly spins out of control.  I have absolutely no idea what I would do without my father. 


Good vibes and prayers are much appreciated.