Sunday, October 3, 2010

Emotionally Unavailable



My independence sabotages me. The view I have on life alienates me.

As egocentric as this sounds, I have absolutely no problem finding a date. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the attention; who doesn’t? However, I have such an exact picture of the person I would want to share my experience with and this makes it difficult for me to keep interest.

Here’s the problem: I don’t ever want to take advantage of one single day again. I don’t want to be tied down, held back nor kept from doing what I want to do. And this is why I haven’t been able to just settle down just yet.

But I know when that time comes, I will be so grateful to have found a best friend, a potential love interest, that feels the way I do about growing older, about life.
I’m excited about showing someone the view of the world through my eyes; how easy, uncomplicated and amazing life can be.

Stability.