Thursday, February 10, 2011

Welcome To Your Life




“Something is different about you, Natalie,” my mother and father say almost on a daily basis.

I feel different, too. Almost like I woke up one morning and my view on everything had changed.
I’ve been planning my walk for the MS Society in May; handing out brochures, posters and awareness pins. So far, my walking group has reached over our goal of $300. Without my friends and family, I don’t think I would be where I am today, and I am honored to be walking with them.

Feeling the benefits of charity, I have also joined the Big Brothers and Sisters of America. Even though I haven’t been set up with my ‘little sister’ yet (I asked to be paired with a girl who is disabled), I’m excited to be making an impact on youth.

A huge check came in my name last month (I have a job on a hit television show), and I was able to pay off my debts. Instead of going out, buying a dozen pairs of high heels and having a shopping spree, I decided to pay off all my debts. I am happy to announce that I have absolutely no debt.

Watching my best friend Astrid falling for my very good friend Dave is having an affect on me. Why am I still single? I am patient. Not everyone out there is meant for you, but once in awhile, someone comes along and makes your day a little bit better. However, I need to work on myself. I have too much respect for myself to involve myself in any toxic relationships. My focus has been on nothing but school, charity, family and friends. For years, I’ve had problems with relationships. I felt as something was missing, but now I know what it was -- me. I needed to be happy with myself before I could become happy with anyone else.

I’m at the point right now where I am comfortable being with myself and I don’t need a relationship to validate that. After all of the bad dates, crazy boyfriends and not so wonderful friendships, I finally know what true love is -- and I have it within myself.

I feel content. I feel like I've found my purpose.


“There are great things in store for you in your future, Natalie. I feel like your life is just beginning,” my mother said with a smile.

So when I ask my parents, “what is so different about me”, their response is, “you’ve grown up.”


Please donate to our MSWalk group -- we need all of the support we can get.
Donate here!